This sorry pile of bits was once a Triumph TR6. We were tasked with trying to piece it all back together after a failed restoration. After shot blasting the chassis with steel shot, we straightened it out and replaced the rotten sections with new metal. We also added a strengthening kit to try and rectify some of the inherent issues with the Independent Rear Suspension model of TR.
Unfortunately this is about as far as we got with this TR6. After much head scratching and number crunching, it was decided by both parties that it would end up financially unrealistic to complete the restoration on the bodyshell. There were some fundamental problems with the alignment of the panels previously fitted. We would have to de-construct the body and start from scratch, with out any datums to show we were heading in the right direction, this would be difficult and expensive. The owner will take on the measuring and jig making from his garage at home, we may see it in the future....who knows.